Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Much Needed Escape!




Andrew & I decided we really needed to get out and get on the road this weekend. I have been cooped up for the past couple weeks, recovering from the shingles. Which means I have barely left the house and gotten quite the case of cabin fever. I'm sure Lukas has been bored to tears. Not even a trip to the grocery store or coffee shop to break up our day. So we hit the road -- I made a stop at my parents so they could see Lukas. Then I continued on to Santa Cruz where we had nothing but sunshine and cool breezes. It felt SO good to be out and about. And as usual, Lukas was a great baby on the drive down, our dinner out in Soquel and our little hike on West Cliff. Despite the setbacks, at the end of the day I am grateful for all we have. Most of all, I feel so lucky to have our baby boy, someone who I dreamed about for many years and who is finally here. We love you Lukas - thank you for making me a mother, Andrew a father and all of us a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment